CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's all in the mind...

First, I want to say that my body is one big DOMS. LOL Seriously. I love it! (most of the time)

So I did a little thinking while I was on the treadmill today. Reuniting with friends on facebook got me thinking about the past. I achieved everything I set out to do while I was in high school. After high school, I lost my vision- not physically, but I had no real goals or dreams. Everything was a big question mark. I had some small achievements along the way, but mostly I was a feather drifting along the stream. When I think about all the things I wanted and achieved in high school, I realize it had to do with my mindset. I really believed in what I was going after. I *KNEW* I could do it. There was never really much doubt. I have a few ideas of what went wrong along the way- why I stopped having goals, why my dreams were quieted. In the end, it was all in my mind. I let things change my state of mind.

I am not going to fear failure anymore. I'm not going to let the world hurt me and keep from dreaming. I've done that for a long time now. I've been dealt some rough and painful hands, but that doesn't mean I have to quit playing this game called life. It only means there are more rounds to come and perhaps I need to try a new strategy or a new style. It was okay to pause and regroup, but not to sit down on the bench like that was the end. I'm not a bench warmer anymore.

I pushed myself hard in my workout today. I wanted to give up at times, but I didn't. I kept pushing and proved to myself that even though it was hard, I could do it. I'm holding on to this fire! I'm holding on to this moment. I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to. Some things will take longer than others to achieve, but I can do this.

Dreams are achievable.

I'm still 100% and still on FIRE!

0 comments: