CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hormones... Headaches... Weight

I have an appointment in a week and a half. I need to get some answers. I had to take out the Nuva Ring. It was causing me some issues that I couldn't ignore anymore. The down side? I have killer headaches. Migraines. Hormonally induced headaches that nothing will fix but some other hormones. My neck is hurting from the tension. :( My stomach is in knots. *ugh*

I have lost 1.5lbs since taking the ring out- no other changes in diet or anything. I am truly frustrated right now. Hopefully we can get some hormone things figured out soon. Blood tests are being ordered. I may end up Metformin for Insulin Resistance. Eating clean and pushing hard in my workouts should yield more results. I should be dropping the weight. The only tiny shred of hope I am hanging on to (in order to stay sane) is that I read people with PCOS build muscle faster. So yeah.... Its muscle weight. *ahem*

I have to work today and I don't know how much I can do or how long I will last. If my head is like this all day I might explode. :(

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I have polycystic ovaries and have kinda learned over time what works for me. Yes we have to work harder, but it IS doable! I actually had a doctor not believe I had it, because of how "thin" I am. His words, not mine.

The Metformin will help, and just keep plugging away at it, day by day.

Health Girl said...

Thanks for replying. :) I'm glad to know that it is doable. I am in tears right now. I am so tired. To top off all the hormone crap, I am now sick. I have been fighting the sniffles and congestion and later this morning my chest has felt like an elephant sitting on me. It hurts to breathe. :( I'm so frustrated. WHY? WHY can I not get healthy???? Its not like I am sitting here pigging out and not exercising. :( Hormones are whacked and my immune system is screwy now too. :( Maybe I am trying to go after something I'm not meant to do. :(

Kelly Olexa said...

Hey Girl, I've been going through Hormone hell this past year with going on and off the Pill and it is AMAZING (in a bad way) what hormones can do to our bodies....I'm still waiting for my body to recover...it's slow and I too need to have some tests taken.
I'm here with you sweets.
XOXO

Tracy said...

For some weird reason, the cold season this year has been a killer. 2 of my close friends have done the same thing, with the back-to-back illnesses. And antibiotics are not kicking it for them.

What I do know is I've been on the Bev supps for over a year now, and somehow I've made it through the season. *knocks on wood* So take the bev supps, even if you feel bad. And Glutamine w/ BCAA's can be one of your best friends right now.

You CAN do this, scream at the world "you want get me down", and keep going. I came to the conclusion a long time ago, with my life style, there would rarely be perfect days. But I can make the MOST of each day! And you can too.

Somethings we can't change, like being sick, but you can take your supps, make healthy eating choices to get better, de-stress, & make healthy goals!

GClef1970 said...

I agree with Tracy about learning what works for you. I have PCOS, too. I have to tell you that I tried Metformin and it was horrible for me. It made me hypoglycemic and, even eating every 2-3 hours, I was constantly light-headed and miserable. What I finally realized works for me is, basically, Tony's diet with no meat (only seafood, protein powder, eggs, dairy, veggie burgers etc as protein sources). I stay away from anything with gluten because it makes me feel like HELL. I'm finally learning that, even on a free meal, I need to be careful about this stuff.

I'm going through my own hormone stuff, so I feel your pain. Hang in there. Feel better soon.